One of the oddest things that has happened to me recently has been meeting up with VP, not because there is anything exceptionally odd about Michelle herself, but because of the astonishing series of coincidences we have discovered, as she blogs here.
A whole series of random things have had to occur for us to end up now knowing each other, and in a very neat link, Michelle has tagged me for a random facts meme.
The rules are thus:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, chose people to get tagged and list their names. Or don’t. Who’s going to check?
I’m probably not going to ‘cos folks are busy with Christmas, but if you want to play along, I’ll tag you if you ask me.
8 random things about me.
1. When I was little, I was forever bringing home stray animals and casualties I found-you know, birds fallen out of the nest and the like, and offering them homes.
2. I have abseiled down a tall wooden tower.
3. I was once kicked by a donkey on the beach at Weymouth.
4. I have always grown things. Even as a a child I had a little garden of my own within my parents’ garden.
5. For a very short time I lived in a thatched cottage.
6. I adore dark chocolate. Well, actually- all kinds of chocolate.
7. I used to paint in watercolour.
8. If I could chose my ideal job, I would be a gardener at the Alhambra Palace in southern Spain. I think this is what the Garden of Eden would have been like. When I worked, I sometimes imagined myself back at this spot, looking at the view and listening to the fountains. It was very calming.